If you read our Ordering Timeline post our cattle are ready for butchering in Sept of each year give or take. Once you’ve placed your order here’s what you can do while you wait.
- Begin thinking about the cuts of meat you would like.
- Start gathering recipes for ground beef, steak, and roasts.
- Begin shopping for a chest or upright freezer to store your beef, if you don’t already have one.
After you receive your beef . . .
- Schedule a cook-out or two with friends/family to share your beef.
- If you’re invited to a cook-out offer to bring a ground beef dish or take pack or two of pre-made patties for the grill.
- Welcome a new neighbor by inviting them over for a grill out.
- Offer to provide the meat for your family gatherings.
While you consume . . .
- Make mental notes on if the size of your roast were to big or to small.
- Where the steaks the thickness you prefer.
- Where the steaks, pre-made hamberger patties, and ground packaged for the amount you would consume in a meal.
- If you ordered a quarter of beef was it just the right amount or would a third or half better suite your family in the future.
I hope these tips help our customers as well as other farmer’s customers whom many have found this post.
Enjoy your beef!!